I hope you are all well, I know valentines day was yesterday but I thought I would post how I achieved this look as I got so many compliments from it.
I spent Valentines day at home, but I celebrated it the night before with my boyfriend instead as he had to work yesterday. We went out to Wagamamas my absolute favourite restaurant of all time and got the (Yasai katsu curry) like always no surprise there haha. We then went out to Soho bar in town for some drinks so it was nice to have some alone time rather then going out last night which probably would have been crazy busy.
I hope ye had a nice day yesterday, I hope you got spoiled or if you are single that you spent the day with friends or loved ones cause thats all the day is for really just spending the day with those you care about. Again with the rambling back to makeup haha…So this valentines day I didn’t really want to do the standard light pink eyes or pink lips look even a red lip for that matter. So I went with a purple/plum smoked out eye look paired with nude lips and pinky blush, which to be honest compliments me more as purple eye shadow really makes brown eyes pop!!!
Products used to achieve this look:
- Crown brush 88 eyeshadow palette
- MAC’s paint pot in (painterly)
- Inglot’s mattifying pressed powder in (301)
- The Naked Palette (Urban Decay)
- Sleek’s (Ultramattes eyeshadow palette)
- Sleek’s Contour & blush palette
- MAC’s Pro-long Wear foundation (NW15)
- MAC’S Pro-long Wear concealer (NW15)
- Rimmel Gel eyeliner
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip brow pomade (Ash brown)
- MAC’s mineralise skin Finnish (soft & gentle)
- MAC’s lip liner in (spice) & lipstick in (Brave)
How to achieve this look:
- Prime and moisturise your face to keep it lovely and hydrated (creating a smooth canvas).
- Apply an eyeshadow base to prevent creasing and that your eyeshadow will last all night, I used MAC’s “Painterly”.
- Using a large fluffy brush lightly buff a orange/brown colour into the crease, to create the transition shade.
- next using a flat eyeshadow brush pat a plum eyeshadow all over the lid and blend it all out with a clean fluffy brush so there is no harsh lines!!
- Then using a black eyeshadow contour the the outer corner of your eye (crease) for definition and blend that all out.
- Next using a pencil brush drag a purple eyeshadow under the lash line to build up a vibrant pop of colour under the eyes (blend blend blend!!!)
- For the inner corner of the eye we want to apply a white/light shimmery colour to open up the eyes.
- Next line the lower waterline with a black kohl pencil, as for the lid use gel eyeliner to create a winged liner and smoke it out with a blending brush (so its ok if the line isn’t perfect)
- Apply two coats of mascara and apply false lashes if you like, I actually didn’t for this look as I felt the colour was dramatic enough for me.
- Apply foundation, under eye concealer, bronzer and blusher and your face is complete.
- For lips I lined them using MAC’s Spice liner and filled in with MAC’s lipstick in Brave.
- Your look is complete !!!!!!
I hope you liked this look its really simple to do and you could always be brave and bring another pop of colour under you eye other than purple!!! It also doesn’t matter if your neat because you are blending out everything anyway just clean up any fallouts with makeup remover & cotton buds.