So awhile back on Instagram I came across the picture below:
I was instantly in love (black dahlia), at first I thought maybe it was lipstick with some some sort of light reflecting lipgloss on top. So I clicked onto their website (www.occmakeup.com) and found out that they were actually called lip tars, I knew I needed to get my hands on it. So I did a bit of research and found this statement on their website:
“A stunning new innovation in lip colour, OCC Lip Tar combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish. Ultra-saturated in colour, Lip Tar contains an unprecedented amount of pigment – a little goes a very, very long way! An intense yet featherweight layer of colour that never looks or feels heavy. Meant to be mixed, Lip Tar comes in concise array of colours for a limitless selection of shades made by you!”
I was sold straight away, didn’t take much persuasion after that statement haha!!! I mean the idea of wearing a combination of a lipgloss/lipstick and it being so pigmented sounded amazing and it was nothing I had seen before.
My Thoughts on OCC lip tar:
- So I purchased the shade “Role Play” which is a deep red metallic colour absolutely stunning. I got it online for €17.50 on (www.beautybay.com)
- Its so easy to apply and lasts for hours I genuinely don’t think I even topped up that night, hand on heart.
- The texture is smooth and moist,different to any lip product I have used before.
- Its extremely pigmented and the smallest amount is needed for your lips.
3 simple steps for application:
1) Apply vaseline or lip balm to your lips to moisten and keep your lips hydrated.
2) Line your lips with a colour close to you lip tar shade, I used MAC cosmetics lip liner in the shade “Brick”. Make sure as well as lining the lips to blend the liner into the centre of the lips like a transition shade so both the liner and lip tar fuse well together (no harsh lines).
3) Then using the lip brush given with the lip tar, begin to fill in the center of your lips and work outwards using the smallest amount of product ( thats all you’ll need trust me) and voila!!! Gorgeous metallic pigmented lips in seconds!!!
So if you are lipstick/lip product obsessed like I am, then go for it I mean its a tad pricey but you only use a pea size for application so it will last months. But I mean the quality of the product is well worth and they come in all different shades so theres plenty to chose from take your pick. Trust me they are amazing!!!
Let me know if you have tried any of their products before, Im tempted to branch out and try some other products that they sell..are they any good?? xx