I looked at my brushes the other day and christ!! its been a while since they have had a good deep clean. I have never purchased specifically purchased brush cleaners i use house hold products because it does the same job and its much more affordable duh!!
A lot of us use our brushes everyday, therefore our brushes collect makeup, nasty dirt, bacteria and oils on a daily basis.That dirt is being transferred onto our faces causing clogged pores and break outs. So, it’s very important to get into the habit of cleaning your makeup brushes. I myself need to clean my brushes more regularly I tend to forget but I’ll soon notice a difference in my complexion if i neglect to clean them often.
Here is what you need :
- Fairy liquid/shampoo
- olive oil/ any kind of oil ( to retain moisture)
- an old towel
- your lovely self (hands)
So here is an easy step by step on how i clean my brushes (it only takes around ten minutes):
1) Lay out all your brushes on to a towel/flannel and set up the products you need, fill up a basin with cold water and get a cup/bowl for the cleaning mixture.
2) Pour fairy liquid into the cup (around three pumps )and just a drop of olive oil, then to mix it all up add a splash of water.
3) When you have achieved a milky yellow consistency dip the brushes into the mixture and swirl it around in order to get enough product absorbed.
4) Then you simply swirl the brush on to your hand to work in the product, you’ll soon see all the scum and dirt on your hand from your brush (nasty) and leave them on kitchen towel and repeat with the rest of the brushes.
5) Last but not least, rinse all the brushes (keeping them faced down otherwise the water will melt the glue bond that is holding all the hairs together). Then squeeze out the excess in downward motions, from the neck of the brush to the tip. You can add conditioner to them if you want to achieve extra softness but I skipped this step because I had cleaned them fairly recently. Finally lay them on a dry towel or cloth and leave to dry overnight and your finitoo!!!
Hope this helped in anyway I just feel that its so important to remember to clean your makeup brushes,its extremely affordable and takes minutes to do. So keep your brushes clean lads and lassies and your face free from any grubby oily nastiness.
Talk soon lovelies,